The midwives at Holistic Midwifery work as a small group practice, providing pregnancy, birth and postnatal care either at The Lismore Birth House, or in your home.
Full Midwifery Package
for women planning on birthing at home or at The Lismore Birth House
- full pregnancy care from 12 weeks gestation
- any required blood tests and ultrasounds or referrals
- full access to The Lismore Birth House pregnancy groups and classes (unlimited visits during pregnancy & up to 6 weeks post birth)
- discounted pregnancy relaxation massages
- discounted Birthing From Within classes that will help mum-to-be and her support team to prepare for birth
- labour and birth support and care from two known midwives either at home or at The Lismore Birth House
- option to stay overnight at The Lismore Birth House after the birth with midwifery care for mum, dad and baby
- home visits by your known midwife for up to 6 weeks after birth to help with breastfeeding, baby care and to organise all official paperwork, hearing test, newborn screening test, and referrals
- 6 week postnatal check for mum and baby
- easy parking right outside The Lismore Birth House
- no waiting times for your antenatal visits
- access to our extensive lending library of pregnancy, birth and parenting books and DVD’s
- free sample bag of natural goodies
- 2 x free herbal teas from the Holistic Midwifery range
- option for shared care with private obstetricians, Dr Steele or Dr Addenbrooke (additional fee for obstetric care)
We can now offer Medicare rebates for midwifery care! We will bulk-bill all your pregnancy checkups and your postnatal in-home care so if you have a Medicare card, you won’t need to pay anything for pregnancy and postnatal care.
For labour and birth care the cost is $3200.00, which there is no Medicare rebate available.
Holistic Midwifery offers flexible payment plans. Please contact us for more information and to discuss your individual circumstances and needs.